- 8 cups oats (Old Fashioned)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups nuts, any kind (I like sunflower seeds, dry roasted peanuts, sliced or slivered almonds etc.) I usually add a little more than 2 cups.
- 2 cups wheat germ
Heat on stove-the following-until sugar is dissolved:
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 T. vanilla
Pour liquid over dry mixture and mix thoroughly:
- Spread on 2 large cookie sheets.
- Bake @ 225 degrees for several hours until toasty and golden brown. Stir every 30 minutes or so. (You can bake in warmer oven for less time, but be careful not to burn or get too brown.)
- The granola needs to be crispy and golden brown -not moist.
- After cooking process add whatever you desire- raisins, dried blueberries, craisins, dried raspberries etc. Add the amount you desire.
- Store in airtight container to keep fresh.