Poppyseed Bunt Cake

3 eggs

1 1/8 C. vegetable oil (I do 1/2 of it applesauce)

2 1/2 C. sugar

1 1/2 Tbsp. poppyseed

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract

1 1/2 C. milk

3 C. flour (I usually do 1/2 of it whole-wheat)

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 1/2 tsp. salt



Mix all the ingredients together. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Grease & flour pan (don't skip the flour--it really helps it come out all in one piece). Bake for approximately 1 hour at 350 degrees. Leave in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing. While the bread is sitting in the pan, make the glaze.



Glaze

1/4 C. orange juice concentrate

2 Tbsp. butter

3/4 C. sugar

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. pure almond extract



Bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes). Then pour over top of cake (I like to poke holes in the top of the cake with a knife so that the sauce seeps down into the cake instead of just on the top).



*I usually make this in loaf pans instead of a bunt pan. This recipe will make 2 regular sized loaf pans or 6-7 mini loaf pans.

Recipe from {Crystal}

Comments

Christina said…
I use this exact recipe. In fact I made it a week ago. I was wondering how we got the same recipe (I couldn't remember where I got mine) but I saw Crystal's name at the bottom. Aha- that's where I got mine!!

It's my FAVE poppyseed recipe! So good!