Rustic Carrots & Asparagus


1 lb carrots
1 bunch asparagus
3 T butter
1 T brown sugar
¼ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (I use my kitchen scissors)

This is not a recipe from anywhere; just kind of made up and changed by my family. You may alter it to fit your tastes. This is what I do! In two separate pans boil the carrots and asparagus. The carrots cook about 8 minutes, or until desired tenderness. I add the asparagus to boiling water and cook three minutes; longer if you want it softer. Drain both well. Combine the carrots and asparagus and add butter, brown sugar and rosemary. Add more or less of each of them to taste. Be careful with the rosemary. It is very strong and will overpower a dish. Salt and pepper to taste. Again; change this to fit your preferences. You may want more or less of an ingredient! This is also very good with just carrots when asparagus is not in season. I just love the colors!

Recipe From {Candise Gilbert}

Comments